Posted on: July 25, 2020 | by: Chloe Moore
6 Family Fun Night Ideas Indoor
People are now spending more time indoors than they have in the past. For parents with young children through the pre-teen years, entertaining your kids when they’re stuck indoors can be a challenge. But, we’re here to help! Read below for six family fun night ideas indoors.
Family Fun Night Ideas for the Whole Family!
- Video call a loved one: A great way to spend an evening with the family is to video call a loved one you’re not able to be with. Whether it’s a grandparent, sibling, aunt, uncle or friend, a video call can help to bring you closer even when you can’t physically be in the same room.
- Try out a new recipe: If you’re looking for a fun and easy way to keep the kids entertained and fed, try a new recipe to make together. Let each kid pick a recipe to make a different night. This idea is not only fun, it means you get a tasty snack afterwards!
- Camp in the backyard: If you’re looking for a way to get away from the day to day life, try camping in your backyard. Setting up a tent in your backyard and making hot dogs and s’mores over the fire is a great way to spend a weekend. You may even forget that you’re in your backyard!
- Make a fort: Mix up the typical movie night by building a fort in your living room. Use blankets, chairs and any furniture already in the room to make a fort your family can fit inside. Once inside, consider doing a movie night or game night.
- Read a book together: TV and movie nights are fun, but they have their limits. Spark your kids love for reading early by reading together. The types of books you read really depends on the age of your kids and their preference of book but aim for one that will interest your entire family.
- Craft night: Another great way to stay entertained is to do a craft night. Find some inspiration online and let the creativity flow. Bonus points if the craft you create can be used as a decoration around the house.
Find Self Storage Has Household Storage Solutions for You!
With more free time and more time spent around the house, now is a good time to get back to those decluttering and organization projects. A storage unit rental is a great solution for household storage, because it allows you to easily store extra pieces of furniture cluttering your house, boxes of out of season clothes, seasonal decorations and more. And when you need these items, they will be down the road for you to pick up.
Find Self Storage has storage facilities in Louisiana and Texas. Reserve a storage unit with Find Self Storage today!